Nixon, Lois LaCivita, PHD, MAT, MLitt, MPH
MABMH Program Director
PHD, MPH University of South Florida
MAT, M.Litt. Rollins College, Middlebury College
· National Endowment for the Humanities Fellow. University of California, San Diego.
· Fulbright Fellow. Jordan: Islamic Culture and Civilization.
· National Endowment for the Humanities Fellow. Princeton University.
· National Endowment for the Humanities Fellow. Hiram College.
· PEW Fellow. National Public Health and Hospital Institute and York University Graduate School of Public Administration.
Professor, Internal Medicine
Division Medical Ethics and Humanities
Areas of interest: medical ethics and humanities, women's issues, aging, and the impact of globalism on health care.
Courses: Med I Medical Ethics and Humanities; Med IV Electives
· On Doctoring 1st, 2nd and 3rd Edition (with Reynolds, Stone, and Wear)
· Trials,Tribulations, and Celebrations: African-American Perspectives on Health,Illness, Aging and Loss (with Secundy)
· Literary Anatomies: Women's Bodies and Health in Literature (with Wear)