1. A critical approach to the medical literature to facilitate review and assessment of the quality of reported scientific studies.
2. An understanding and abillity to apply the methods employed to assess quality of care and initiate improvement projects.
3. A commitment to continuous improvement in the delivery of medical care.
4. The ability to evaluate reported research and use the information obtained from reviewing the literature to improve patient care.
5. The capability to use information technology to manage practice information.
6. The ability to use information technology to enhance professional development and continuing education.
7. A willingness to participate in the education of students, residents and other health care professionals.