John Sinnott, MD, FACP
Chair, College of Medicine Internal Medicine
Professor & Chair, College of Medicine Internal Medicine
James Cullison MD Professorship in Medicine, Internal Medicine, Morsani College of Medicine
12901 Bruce B. Downs Blvd.
Tampa FL 33612
Academic Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Academic Phone:(813) 974-2271
- Fellowship, Infectious Diseases Fellowship, USF College of Medicine, 1983
- Residency, Internal Medicine Residency, USF College of Medicine, 1981
- MD, University of South Alabama, 1978
Interdisciplinary and Emerging Signature Programs
- Allergy, Immunology & Infectious Disease
- Understanding the anatomy of “the infectious disease” including parasites, bacterial pathogens and encephalidites, and the new and re-emergence of pathogens as well as current treatment regimens for these diseases.
- Society of Hospital Epidemiologists of America (Member, 1987 - Present)
- American College of Physicians (Fellow, 1985 - Present)
- Infectious Diseases Society of America (Fellow, 1984 - Present)
- American Society for Microbiology (Member, 1983 - Present)
- American Medical Association (Member, 1978 - Present)
- Shapshak P, Levine A, Foley B, Somboonwit C, Singer E, Chiappelli F, Sinnott J, T, (Eds, . Global Virology II - HIV and NeuroAIDS Springer. : book, 2017.
- Shapshak P, Sinnott JT, Somboonwit, C Kuhn J, editors. Global Virology I - Identifying and Investigating Viral Diseases Springer. : book, 2015.
- T. Wills, L. Mundra, H.L. Dou Dou, M. Roberts, N. Rolfe, J. Sinnott. Self-Resolving Cladophialophora sp. Colonization in a Lung Transplant Patient Clinical Microbiology Newsletter. 36(16) : 128–130, 2014.
- Barkhordarian A, Iyer N, Shapshak P, Somboonwit C, Sinnott J, Chiappelli F. Influenza 2009 pandemic: Cellular immunemediated surveillance modulated by TH17 & Tregs. Bioinformation. 6(1) : 39-40, 2011. http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21464844
- Shamini G, Ravichandran M, Sinnott JT, Somboonwit C, Sidhu HS, Shapshak P, Kangueane P. Structural inferences for Cholera toxin mutations in Vibrio cholerae. Bioinformation. 6(1) : 1-9, 2011. http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21464837
- Shapshak P, Kangueane P, Fujimura RK, Commins D, Chiappelli F, Singer E, Levine AJ, Minagar A, Novembre FJ, Somboonwit C, Nath A, Sinnott JT. Editorial neuroAIDS review. AIDS (London, England). 25(2) : 123-41, 2011. http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21076277
- Casanas BC, Oxner A, Lakshmi S, Georgiev H, D'souza K, Mundra L, Sistrunk R, Pytlarz J, Wooley J, Sinnott JT. A University-Corporate Partnership to Enhance Vaccination Rates among the Elderly: an Example of a Corporate Public Health Care Delivery Influenza and Other Respiratory Viruses. 1(5) : 159-161, 2011.
- Shapshak P, Somboonwit C, Sinnott JT, Commons D, Singer E, Levine AJ. Gene-Chromosome Locations of Neuropsychiatric Diseases Bioinformation. 7(7) : 366-368, 2011.
- Sowmya G, Shamini G, Anita S, Sakharkar M, Mathura V, Rodriguez H, Levine AJ, Singer E, Commins D, Somboonwit C, Sinnott JT, Sidhu HS, Rajaseger G, Pushparaj PN, Kangueane P, Shapshak P. HIV-1 envelope accessible surface and polarity: clade, blood, and brain. Bioinformation. 6(2) : 48-56, 2011. http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21544164
- Shapshak P, Pandjassarame K, Fujimura RK, Commins D, Chiappelli F, Singer E, Levine A, Minagar A, Novembre F, Somboonwit C, Nath A, Sinnott JT. NeuroAIDS Review AIDS. 2(25) : 123-141, 2011.
- Mouzakis J, Somboonwit C, Lakshmi S, Rumbak M, Sinnott J, Cherpelis B, Keshishian J. Levamisole induced necrosis of the skin and neutropenia following intranasal cocaine use: a newly recognized syndrome. Journal of drugs in dermatology : JDD. 10(10) : 1204-7, 2011. http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21968674
- Shapshak P, Duncan R, Kangueane P, Somboonwit C, Sinnott J, Commins D, Singer E, Levine A. HIV associated dementia and HIV encephalitis II: Genes on chromosome 22 expressed in individually microdissected Globus pallidus neurons (Preliminary analysis). Bioinformation. 6(5) : 183-6, 2011. http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21738310
- Sinnott JT, Somboonwit C, Oxner A. Clostridium tetani in a Haitian Refugee Clin Microbiol Newsl. 5(33) : 37-39, 2011.
- Shapshak P, Duncan R, Duran EM, Farinetti F, Minagar A, Commins D, Rodriguez H, Chiappelli F, Kangueane P, Levine AJ, Singer E, Somboonwit C, Sinnott JT. Gene Expression for HIV-associated Dementia and HIV Encephalitis in Microdissected Neurons: Preliminary Analysis Neurobehavioral HIV Medicine. 3: 53-78, 2011.
- Shapshak P, Somboonwit C, Sinnott JT, Commins D, Singer E. Levine AJ. Gene Chromosome Locations of Neuropsychiatric Diseases Bioinformation. 7(7) : 366-368, 2011.
- Shapshak P, Somboonwit C, Sinnott J, Commins D, Singer E, Levine A. Gene-chromosome locations of neuropsychiatric diseases. Bioinformation. 7(7) : 366-8, 2011. http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/22355238
- Shapshak P Chiappelli F Somboonwit C Sinnott JT. The Influenza Pandemic of 2009: Lessons and Implications. Mol Diagn Ther. 15(2) : 63-81., 2011.
- Shapshak P, Somboonwit C, Drumright LN, Frost SD, Commins D, Tellinghuisen TL, Scott WK, Duncan R, McCoy C, Page JB, Giunta B, Fernandez F, Singer E, Levine A, Minagar A, Oluwadara O, Kotila T, Chiappelli F, Sinnott JT. Molecular and contextual markers of hepatitis C virus and drug abuse. Molecular diagnosis & therapy. 13(3) : 153-79, 2009. http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/19650670
- Naik E, Casanas B, Pazare A, Wagale G, Sinnott JT, Salihu H. Cost of Treatment: the Single Biggest Obstacle to HIV/AIDS Treatment Adherence in Lower-Middle Class Patients in Mumbai, India Indian J Sex Transm Dis. (30) : 23-7, 2009.
- Casanas BC, Pothiawala S, Sinnott JT. An Elderly Man with NOMA Orofacial Gangrene Infect Dis in Clin Pract. 3(17) : 208-209, 2009.
- Shapshak P, Somboonwit D, Drumright LN, Frost S DW, Commins D, Tellinghuisen T, Scott W, Duncan R, McCoy C, Page JB, Giunta B, Fernandez F, Singer E, Levine A, Minagar A, Oluwadayo O, Kotila T, Chiappelli F, Sinnott JT. Molecular and Contextual Markers of Hepatitis C Virus and Drug Abuse Mol Diag Ther. 3(13) : 153-79, 2009.
- Tucci V, Sinnott JT. A Likely Case of Trichomonal Urethritis Contracted by Oropharyngeal Exposure Asian Biomed. 2(2) : 147-149, 2009.
- Naik E, Casanas B, Pazare A, Wabale G, Sinnott J, Salihu H. Cost of treatment: The single biggest obstacle to HIV/AIDS treatment adherence in lower-middle class patients in Mumbai, India. Indian journal of sexually transmitted diseases. 30(1) : 23-7, 2009. http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21938110
- Sinnott JT, Joseph JP. Web searches about physicians. JAMA : the journal of the American Medical Association. 300(19) : 2249-50; author reply 2250, 2008. http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/19017906
- Joseph J, Sinnott JT. Web Searches about Physicians [Letter] JAMA. 19(300) : 2249-50, 2008.
- Houseknecht K, Oliva AM, Sinnott JT. Contact Lens-Associated Fusarium Keratitis: an Eye for Trouble Asian Biomed. 2(2) : 35-42, 2008.
- Associate Dean (USF Medicine International, Morsani College of Medicine 2005 - 2012)
- Director, Division of Infectious Disease & International Medicine (Internal Medicine, Morsani College of Medicine, University of South Florida 1991 - 2012)
- Dunhuang Award (first ever to anyone outside of China) for outstanding contribution (People’s Republic of China, Gansu Province - 2017)
- Certificate of Appreciation for "Care of Military Veterans & Education of Physicians & Colleagues" (James A. Haley Veterans Hospital - 2012)
- Inspire by Example Award (University of South Florida Student Affairs - 2011)
- Health Care Heroes - Health Care Educator Award (Tampa Bay Business Journal - 2011)
- MEDSWU Honorable Award (Faculty of Medicine, Srinakharinwirot University and the Medical Association of Thailand - 2010)
- Dean's Academic Performance Award (University of South Florida - 2009)
- Global Leadership Award (presented by HRH Princess Maha Chakri Sirindhorn, Thailand - 2008)
- Finalist, Physician Mentor Recognition Program (American Medical Association - Women Physicians Congress - 2007)
- Distinguished Member Award (Leadership Florida - 2007)
- Service Award "In Recognition of Volunteer Training in Recognizing Contagious Disease Threats" (Department of Homeland Security and Immigration Enforcement - 2007)
- Lifetime Achievement Award (The AIDS Institute - 2006)