MS Application Procedures
Application Deadlines - click here
FAQ - click here
We are now accepting applications for the Fall 2018 application cycle.
Primary Application Package
- Graduate Application for Admissions
- Online Application Graduate Application for Admissions For the Pre-Professional program, select "MS in Medical Sciences” (no concentration).
- If you want to pursue a concentration, please select ‘Medical Science,” plus the concentration.
- The MSMS in Interdisciplinary Medical Sciences (IMS) program has a different application procedure and runs on an alternative calendar. Please see their website for details: http://health.usf.edu/medicine/mdprogram/diversity/ims.htm
- Application Fee ($30)
- Applicants can use one $30 application fee to apply to multiple concentrations.
- Applications will not be reviewed until the fee is paid.
Upload Supporting Document
The following supporting documents must be received in order to be considered for admission. Incomplete applications lacking supporting documents will not be reviewed. For your convenience, you can upload the documents to your VZ application under “My Workspace” by selecting “My Documents”.
- Attach unofficial transcripts with your online application to expedite the review process.
- Request official transcripts from all
institutions attended. Official transcripts and test scores must be on
file to finalize any offer of admission. Official transcripts must be
sent the main Office of Admission:
University of South Florida
Office of Admissions - Graduate
4202 E. Fowler Avenue, SVC 1036
Tampa, FL 33620-6900
USF students and alumni are not required to send official transcripts.
If you have a graduate degree, or have taken classes as a post-baccalaureate student, please submit those transcripts as well.
- Test Scores
(GRE, MCAT, or DAT)
- Test scores must be earned within five years of the desired term of entry.
- GRE (General Test): Upload an unofficial copy of your GRE test scores from ETS.
- Official GRE scores should be sent through ETS to Graduate Admissions (school code: 5828). There is no department code.
- MCAT scores should be generated from the AAMC Score Reporting System. The PDF score report should include your AAMC ID and Verification Code to be verified as official. This information is generated at the top of your PDF score report.
- DAT: Upload a copy of your test scores. Official scores should be sent to the main Office of Admissions.
Graduate Program Application
- Complete and upload to your online application.
Science GPA Calculator
- We require you to include all sections (I and II) of Biology, Chemistry, Organic Chemistry and Physics. Please do not include lab or math courses in the Science GPA Calculator. You may also include courses in anatomy, biochemistry, biophysics, biotechnology, botany, cell biology, ecology, entomology, genetics, histology, immunology, microbiology, molecular biology, neuroscience, physiology, physical chemistry, molecules and cells, astronomy, physics, and thermodynamics.
- Repeated courses: Unless you received “grade forgiveness” on your transcripts for a repeated course, include all attempts.
- Why you want attend USF’s graduate master’s programs and your future professional goals.
- Academic history
- Employment (location/dates)
2 Letters of
(any combination of letters or evaluation forms)
- Applicants can use the “Recommendation Request” in the online application to send a link for your recommender to upload their letter to your online application.
- Evaluation forms are not required if letters are available. Evaluation forms may be used in lieu of letters.
- Recommendations should come from faculty or other professionals familiar with applicant's academic performance or professional potential.
- Letters of recommendation through a committee evaluation or an agency (i.e. Interfolio) may be used.
- Previous letters intended for professional schools will be accepted.
- This office is not a part of USF medical school admissions and does not have access to previously submitted letters.
- If your letters are sent separately, your U NUMBER should be included on letters so that we can match the letter to your application!
- International Applicants must submit additional information:
- Course-by-Course TRANSCRIPT EVALUATION to include GPA
International Applicants Only; Required
- IELTS or TOEFL Test Scores
International Students Only; Required
- Scores must be within two years of the desired term of entry.
who do not meet the minimum language requirement will not be considered
Supporting documents that cannot be uploaded can be mailed:
USF Morsani College of Medicine
Graduate Affairs-MS Admissions
12901 Bruce B. Downs, MDC 40
Tampa, FL 33612
How will I know when my application is complete?
Our staff will send an e-mail once your application is complete. If you have cause for concern that your application may be incomplete, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org and include your U number and the program to which you applied. You can update your application with new documents at any point in time prior to a decision being made. Please notify our department if you update your online documents.
How do I find my U number?
Once you complete a primary application, your U number will be e-mailed to you within 24 hours. You can also use this page to look-up your U number: https://netid.usf.edu/tools/lookup_usfid/public/
My status online says my application has been “Referred” – What does this mean?
When an application is “Referred,” this means that the main Office of Admissions has received the application fee, cleared any prior conduct issues (if any), and has referred your application to the respective graduate department for review. Once the department committee has received all secondary documents for review and makes a decision on an application, the decision is then sent to the main Office of Admissions to update the applicant’s record with the decision. You can check your OASIS account for the most up-to-date information to your online record.
When I will know a decision?
Please note that our fall deadline is June 1st and we have rolling admissions. Highly competitive applicants may hear a decision within 2-4 weeks of submitting a complete application. Applicants who do not hear a decision within this timeframe may be placed on hold for further consideration as the applicant pool grows. The committee will roll admission decisions until the class is full. Applications submitted after the deadline will be reviewed on a seat available basis.
For questions about RESIDENCY qualifications and prior CONDUCT documents to report, please call Graduate Admissions at 813-974-8800.
Thank you for your interest in our programs!