Ph.D. Application Procedures
Important: You will need to submit TWO separate applications
First, you will submit a supplemental application to the Morsani College of Medicine.
Second, you will complete the online graduate admissions application.
In an effort to be fair to all applicants, the admissions committee will not review any application that is incomplete or inform a prospective applicant if s/he is competitive. All applications are holistically reviewed by the admissions committee. If you do not meet the suggested minimum admission criteria, you may still apply and your application will be reviewed. This policy is to ensure equality and objectivity in our admissions process. Please direct inquiries for the Ph.D. program to email@example.com.
For priority consideration, please submit all documents by the deadline below. We will review applications until the entering class is filled.
Ph.D. Application Deadline: February 1, 2017
*Fall Admission Only
Primary Application Procedures
Please email a single PDF file (please do not send multiple PDF files, only one file with the documents in the order below) to biomedPhD@health.usf.edu with the following:
- Supplemental/Secondary application form
- Copy of GRE score report
- Copy of TOEFL or IELTS (if an international student)*
- Copies of all transcripts
- Copy of Foreign Credential Evaluation (if an international student)*
- Curriculum Vitae or Resume
- Personal Statement addressing the following:
- Research background
- Reasons for selecting the Morsani College of Medicine to pursue a Ph.D.
- Future career goals following graduation from the Ph.D. program
- Three Letters of Recommendation
- Recommendations should come from faculty or other professionals familiar with applicant's academic performance and/or research potential
- Letters of recommendation may be submitted with the application or separately. We prefer if they are submitted with the secondary application. If emailed separately, please make sure your name and either birth date or your UID number are included in the body of the reference letter
- Your recommenders will need to email them as PDF attachments to BiomedPhD@health.usf.edu with "Reference for Last Name, First Name"(of applicant) in the subject line
International Applicants must submit additional information (see below)
- Course-by-Course TRANSCRIPT EVALUATION to include GPA (International Applicants Only)
- IELTS or TOEFL Test Scores (International Students Only)
If you need a mailing address, please use the following; however, all documents should be sent via email to biomedPhD@health.usf.edu:
Tampa, FL 33612
Secondary Application Procedures
- To access the Graduate Application for Admissions (click here). Please make sure to select "Medical Sciences"
- Application Fee :$30
- GRE Scores (General Test Only). USF’s GRE Test Code is 5828
IMPORTANT: Do NOT submit Supplemental Application Credentials (official transcripts, essay, letters of recommendation, personal statement, etc) to the online graduate admissions application. These documents must be sent to the College of Medicine, NOT admissions. Failure to do this could result in a 3-4 week delay.
Questions about the Graduate Admissions Application, or Residency Qualifications, please call Graduate Admissions at 813-974-8800.