Roger J. Gstalder, M.D.
Clinical Associate Professor of Ophthalmology
• Residency, University of Michigan
• MD, Johns Hopkins School of Medicine
• Master Science (Ophthalmology), University of Michigan Rackham School of Graduate Studies
• Bachelors Degree (Pre-Med), Xavier University, Cincinnati, OH
A native of New York, I grew up in suburban Detroit from second grade to second year of college, returning to New York with family. I have on younger brother. My mother died during my internship in 1965 and my father in 2006. My father was just short of 98 years old. My wife, Julie, and I have been married 31 years and we have 5 grown children; 3 boys and 2 girls. We have 9 grandchildren and our family is our major interest. I played high school football, baseball and AAU basketball for 30 years. I have enjoyed boating and sailing, including off shore racing. I have been a private pilot student and flown solo. We have been active in our kid's schools, Catholic educations, and church. I read extensively and largely ignore the computer. Julie and I enjoy photography. I continue to practice and teach for the joy of it and have been honored by the College as a founding member of the Ophthalmology faculty since 1973.
• Comprehensive Ophthalmology with interest in Refractive Surgery
• Pediatric Ophthalmology
• American Academy of Ophthalmology
• American Society of Cataract & Refractive Surgery