W. Mcdowell Anderson,
Professor, College Of Medicine Internal Medicine
- Fellowship, Pulmonary Disease, University of Florida, 1985
- Fellowship, Critical Care Medicine, Univ. Health Science Center, 1983
- Residency, Internal Medicine, Univ. of FL Health Science Center, 1982
- Residency, Internal Medicine, University of Florida Health Science Ctr., 1981
- Internship, Internal Medicine, University of Florida Health Science Ctr., 1979
- Medical School, Eastern Virginia Medical School, 1978
- Graduate, Old Dominion University, 1975
- MD, Eastern Virginia Medical School, 1978
Primary Address , 13330 USF Laurel Drive Tampa, FL 33612
Secondary Address , 6 Tampa General Circle Tampa, FL 33606
Secondary Address , 3515 E. Fletcher Avenue Tampa, FL 33613
USF Academic Address , 12901 Bruce B. Downs Blvd. Tampa, FL 33612
Mail Point , MDC Box 19 ,
Physical Billing Address , 12901 Bruce B Downs BLVD Tampa, FL 33612
- As Program Director for the USF Sleep Medicine training for physicians, Dr. Anderson hopes to advance this subspecialty through excellent patient care, advanced education techniques and innovative research.
- We are currently investigating multiple different areas related to sleep and it's disorders which may include obstructive sleep apnea, sleep following traumatic brain injury, central sleep apnea following narcotic treatment for chronic pain as well as actigraphy assessment for chronic insomnia. We are working with the Dept. of Neurology to establish an Amytrohic Lateral Sclerosis Center in combination with the VA Hospital and will evaluate sleep and breathing in patients with this disorder. We continue to work with the Bariatric Center and Tampa General Hospital on sleep apnea in this select group.
Collop, NA.Anderson, WM.Boehlecke, B.Claman, D.Goldberg, R.Gottlieb, DJ.Hudgel, D.Sateia, M.Schwab, R.
Clinical guidelines for the use of unattended portable monitors in the diagnosis of obstructive sleep apnea in adult patients. Portable Monitoring Task Force of the American Academy of Sleep Medicine.
Journal of clinical sleep medicine : JCSM : official publication of the American Academy of Sleep Medicine. 3(7) : 737-47, 2007.
Littner, MR.Kushida, C.Anderson, WM.Bailey, D.Berry, RB.Hirshkowitz, M.Kapen, S.Kramer, M.Lee-Chiong, T.Li, KK.Loube, DL.Morgenthaler, T.Wise, M.
Practice parameters for the dopaminergic treatment of restless legs syndrome and periodic limb movement disorder.
Sleep. 27(3) : 557-9, 2004.
Littner, M.Hirshkowitz, M.Kramer, M.Kapen, S.Anderson, WM.Bailey, D.Berry, RB.Davila, D.Johnson, S.Kushida, C.Loube, DI.Wise, M.Woodson, BT.
Practice parameters for using polysomnography to evaluate insomnia: an update.
Sleep. 26(6) : 754-60, 2003.
Flemons, WW.Littner, MR.Rowley, JA.Gay, P.Anderson, WM.Hudgel, DW.McEvoy, RD.Loube, DI.
Home diagnosis of sleep apnea: a systematic review of the literature. An evidence review cosponsored by the American Academy of Sleep Medicine, the American College of Chest Physicians, and the American Thoracic Society.
Chest. 124(4) : 1543-79, 2003.
Rasheid, S.Banasiak, M.Gallagher, SF.Lipska, A.Kaba, S.Ventimiglia, D.Anderson, WM.Murr, MM.
Gastric bypass is an effective treatment for obstructive sleep apnea in patients with clinically significant obesity.
Obesity surgery. 13(1) : 58-61, 2003.
Littner, M.Kushida, CA.Anderson, WM.Bailey, D.Berry, RB.Davila, DG.Hirshkowitz, M.Kapen, S.Kramer, M.Loube, D.Wise, M.Johnson, SF.
Practice parameters for the role of actigraphy in the study of sleep and circadian rhythms: an update for 2002.
Sleep. 26(3) : 337-41, 2003.
Top ten list in sleep.
Chest. 122(4) : 1457-60, 2002.
Littner, M.Hirshkowitz, M.Davila, D.Anderson, WM.Kushida, CA.Woodson, BT.Johnson, SF.Merrill, SW.
Practice parameters for the use of auto-titrating continuous positive airway pressure devices for titrating pressures and treating adult patients with obstructive sleep apnea syndrome. An American Academy of Sleep Medicine report.
Sleep. 25(2) : 143-7, 2002.