Seok Hun Kim, PT, PhD
Assistant Professor, School of Physical Therapy and Rehabilitation Sciences
Associate Professor, Physical Therapy & Rehabilitation Sciences
Academic Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Academic Phone:(813) 974-7893
- PhD, Rehabilitation Sciences, University of Kansas, 2005
- MS, Physical Therapy, University of Kansas Medical Center, 2001
- BS, Physical Therapy, Daegu University, 1995
- Korean-American Scientists and Engineers Association (Member, 2011 - Present)
- Society for Neuroscience (Member, 2007 - Present)
- American Heart Association (Member, 2007 - Present)
- American Physical Therapy Association (APTA) (Member, 1999 - Present)
- Korean Physical Therapist Association (Member, 1995 - Present)
- Zesiewicz T Stephenson J Kim S Farmer J Sullivan K Jahan I Huang Y Salemi J Shaw J Gooch C. Objective Measures Determine Longitudinal Gait and Balance Decline in Friedreich’s Ataxia Gait Posture.. 55: 25-30., 2016.
- Miro RM Lura Derek J Carey SL Mengelkoch LJ Kim SH Quillen WS Kahle JTHighsmith MJ. Correlations between residual limb length and joint moments during sitting and standing movements in transfemoral amputees. Prosthet Orthot Int.. 40(4) : 522-527., 2016.
- Stephenson J Zesiewicz T Gooch C et al. Gait and balance in adults with Friedreich's ataxia. Gait Posture.. 41(2) : 603-7, 2015.
- Shin HK Byeon EJ Kim SH. Effects of seat surface inclination on respiration and speech production in children with spastic cerebral palsy. J Physiol Anthropol.. 34(1) : 17, 2015.
- Kang S Hwang S Klein AB Kim S. Effects of multicomponent exercise training on physical fitness of elderly women. J Phys Ther Sci,. 27(3) : 911-915., 2015.
- Highsmith MJ Lura DJ Carey SL et al. Correlations between residual limb length and joint moments during sitting and standing movements in transfemoral amputees. Prosthet Orthot Int.. , 2015.
- Kang S Hwang S Klein AB Kim SH. Multicomponent exercise for physical fitness of community-dwelling elderly women. J Phys Ther Sci.. 27(3) : 911-5, 2015.
- Jain SK Sankar R Kim S Cho S Ra . Mobility pattern classification for a bed activity monitoring system. International Journal of Smart Home,. 9(6) : 183-192., 2015.
- Zesiewicz TA Kim SH Sullivan KL et al. Treatment of neurodegenerative ataxias with Intravenous Immune Globulin. Journal of Neurology Research.. 4(4) : 97-100, 2014.
- Srivastava S Kao PC Kim SH et al. Assist-as-Needed Robot-Aided Gait Training Improves Walking Function in Individuals Following Stroke. IEEE Trans Neural Syst Rehabil Eng.. , 2014.
- Carroll MK Toelle CA Kim SH Ambler SB Highsmith MJ. The effect of the Walkaide Functional Electrical Stimulation unit on gait asymmetry in a child with cerebral palsy: a case report. Technology and Innovation. 15: 287-92, 2014.
- Highsmith MJ Kahle JT Lura DJ Lewandowski AL WS Quillen Kim SH. Stair ascent and ramp gait training with the Genium knee. Technology and Innovation. 15: 349-58, 2014.
- Lambert CS Philpot RM Engberg ME Johns BE Kim SH Wecker L. Gait analysis and the cumulative gait index (CGI): Translational tools to assess impairments exhibited by rats with olivocerebellar ataxia. Behav Brain Res.. 274: 334-343, 2014.
- Shin H Son J Kim S. Relationship between ankle proprioception and driving performance during simulator driving in post-stroke drivers: A pilot study results. The Japanese Journal of Ergonomics. 49: S479-S482, 2013.
- Highsmith MJ, Kahle JT, Lewandowski AL, Kim SH, Mengelkoch LJ. A method for training step-over-step stair descent gait with stance yielding prosthetic knees: A technical note Journal of Prosthetics & Orthotics. : 24(1): 10-15., 2012.
- Liu W, Mukherjee M, Kim SH, Liu H, Natarajan P, Agah A. Developing a sensory-enhanced robot-aided motor training programme International Journal of Mechatronics and Automation. 1: 236-243, 2011.
- Kim SH, Banala SK, Brackbill EA, Agrawal SK, Krishnamoorthy V, Scholz JP. Robotassisted modifications of gait in healthy individuals. Experimental Brain Research. 4(202) : 809-824, 2010.
- Banala SK, Agrawal SK, Kim SH, Scholz JP. Novel gait adaptation and neuro-motor training results using an active leg exoskeleton IEEE/ASME Transactions on Mechatronics. 2(15) : 216-225, 2010.
- Banala SK, Kim SH, Agrawal SK, Scholz JP. Robot assisted gait training with active leg exoskeleton (ALEX) IEEE Transactions on Neural Systems and Rehabilitation Engineering. 1(17) : 2-8, 2009.
- Post-Doctoral researcher (University of Delaware, 2006 - 2009)
- Research Assistant (University of Kansas Medical Center, 2002 - 2005)
- Teaching Assistant (University of Kansas Medical Center, 2001 - 2002)
- Physical Therapist (Adult Hemiplegia Center, Daegu University 1995 - 1996)