Seok Hun Kim, PT, PHD
Assoc Professor, Physical Therapy & Rehabilitation Sciences
Assistant Professor, School of Physical Therapy And Rehabilitation Sciences
Academic Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Academic Phone:(813) 974-7893
- PhD, Rehabilitation Sciences, University Of Kansas, 2005
- MS, Physical Therapy, University of Kansas Medical Center, 2001
- BS, Physical Therapy, Daegu University, 1995
- Korean-American Scientists and Engineers Association (Member, 2011 - Present)
- Society for Neuroscience (Member, 2007 - Present)
- American Heart Association (Member, 2007 - Present)
- American Physical Therapy Association (APTA) (Member, 1999 - Present)
- Korean Physical Therapist Association (Member, 1995 - Present)
- Highsmith MJ Lura DJ Carey SL et al. Correlations between residual limb length and joint moments during sitting and standing movements in transfemoral amputees. Prosthet Orthot Int.. , 2015.
- Kang S Hwang S Klein AB Kim SH. Multicomponent exercise for physical fitness of community-dwelling elderly women. J Phys Ther Sci.. 27(3) : 911-5, 2015.
- Stephenson J Zesiewicz T Gooch C et al. Gait and balance in adults with Friedreich's ataxia. Gait Posture.. 41(2) : 603-7, 2015.
- Shin HK Byeon EJ Kim SH. Effects of seat surface inclination on respiration and speech production in children with spastic cerebral palsy. J Physiol Anthropol.. 34(1) : 17, 2015.
- Carroll MK Toelle CA Kim SH Ambler SB Highsmith MJ. The effect of the Walkaide Functional Electrical Stimulation unit on gait asymmetry in a child with cerebral palsy: a case report. Technology and Innovation. 15: 287-92, 2014.
- Zesiewicz TA Kim SH Sullivan KL et al. Treatment of neurodegenerative ataxias with Intravenous Immune Globulin. Journal of Neurology Research.. 4(4) : 97-100, 2014.
- Lambert CS Philpot RM Engberg ME Johns BE Kim SH Wecker L. Gait analysis and the cumulative gait index (CGI): Translational tools to assess impairments exhibited by rats with olivocerebellar ataxia. Behav Brain Res.. 274: 334-343, 2014.
- Srivastava S Kao PC Kim SH et al. Assist-as-Needed Robot-Aided Gait Training Improves Walking Function in Individuals Following Stroke. IEEE Trans Neural Syst Rehabil Eng.. , 2014.
- Highsmith MJ Kahle JT Lura DJ Lewandowski AL WS Quillen Kim SH. Stair ascent and ramp gait training with the Genium knee. Technology and Innovation. 15: 349-58, 2014.
- Shin H Son J Kim S. Relationship between ankle proprioception and driving performance during simulator driving in post-stroke drivers: A pilot study results. The Japanese Journal of Ergonomics. 49: S479-S482, 2013.
- Highsmith MJ, Kahle JT, Lewandowski AL, Kim SH, Mengelkoch LJ. A method for training step-over-step stair descent gait with stance yielding prosthetic knees: A technical note Journal of Prosthetics & Orthotics. : 24(1): 10-15., 2012.
- Liu W, Mukherjee M, Kim SH, Liu H, Natarajan P, Agah A. Developing a sensory-enhanced robot-aided motor training programme International Journal of Mechatronics and Automation. 1: 236-243, 2011.
- Banala SK, Agrawal SK, Kim SH, Scholz JP. Novel gait adaptation and neuro-motor training results using an active leg exoskeleton IEEE/ASME Transactions on Mechatronics. 2(15) : 216-225, 2010.
- Kim SH, Banala SK, Brackbill EA, Agrawal SK, Krishnamoorthy V, Scholz JP. Robotassisted modifications of gait in healthy individuals. Experimental Brain Research. 4(202) : 809-824, 2010.
- Banala SK, Kim SH, Agrawal SK, Scholz JP. Robot assisted gait training with active leg exoskeleton (ALEX) IEEE Transactions on Neural Systems and Rehabilitation Engineering. 1(17) : 2-8, 2009.
- Post-Doctoral researcher (University of Delaware, 2006 - 2009)
- Research Assistant (University of Kansas Medical Center, 2002 - 2005)
- Teaching Assistant (University of Kansas Medical Center, 2001 - 2002)
- Physical Therapist (Adult Hemiplegia Center, Daegu University 1995 - 1996)