Patricia Teran-Yengle, PT, PhD
Assistant Professor, PHYSICAL THERAPY & REHABILITATION SCIENCES
12901 Bruce B. Downs Blvd.
Tampa, FL 33612
Academic Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Academic Phone: (813) 974-4677
View My C.V.
- PhD, Physical Rehabilitation Science, University Of Iowa, 2013
- MA, Health Promotion, University of Northern Iowa, 2006
- BS, Physical Therapy and Rehabilitation, Universidad Particular de Chiclayo, 1995
- Dr. Teran-Yengle’s research focuses on the influence of gait biomechanics on the development of knee osteoarthritis. Her research interest is the investigation of the effectiveness of gait retraining on influencing the course of osteoarthritic changes in women with knee hyperextension. The projects associated with her work incorporate 3D motion analysis and off-site monitoring of knee kinematics to provide feedback and monitor outcomes. Dr. Teran-Yengle’s research has been presented at multiple national and international peer-reviewed conferences and in peer-reviewed publications.
- American Physical Therapy Association (Member, 2014 - Present)
- International Society of Biomechanics (Member, 2011 - Present)
- American Society of Biomechanics (Member, 2010 - Present)
- Peruvian Physical Therapy Association (CTMP 2226, 1996 - Present)
- Segal NA, Boyer ER, Teran-Yengle P, Glass NA, Hillstrom HJ, Yack HJ. Pregnancy leads to lasting changes in foot structure. Am J Phys Med Rehabil.. 3(92) : 232-40, 2013.
- Zeman C, Beltz L, Linda M, Maddux J, Depken D, Orr J, Teran-Yengle P. New questions and insights into nitrate/nitrite and human health effects: a retrospective cohort study of private well users' immunological and wellness status. J Environ Health. 4(74) : 8-18, 2011.
- Teran-Yengle P, Birkhofer R, Weber MA, Patton K, Thatcher E, Yack HJ. Efficacy of gait training with real-time biofeedback in correcting knee hyperextension patterns in young women. J Orthop Sports Phys Ther.. 12(41) : 948-52, 2011.
- Instructor/Guess Lecturer (Department of Physical Therapy & Rehabilitation Sciences, University of Iowa 2008 - 2013)
- Research Assistant (Orthopaedic Gait Analysis Laboratory, University of Iowa 2008 - 2013)
- Graduate Teaching Assistant (Department of Physical Therapy & Rehabilitation Sciences, University of Iowa 2008 - 2013)
- Graduate Research Assistant (Recycling & Reuse Technology Transfer Center, University of Northern Iowa 2004 - 2007)
- Physical Therapist (In-home Physical Therapy, ESSALUD Hospital 1999 - 2003)
- Physical Therapist (Psychomotricity Department, Navy Hospital 1997 - 1999)
- Physical Therapist (Community Service, Ministery of Health 1996 - 1997)
- Physical Therapist (Early Stimulation, Instituto Nacional de Rehabilitacion 1995 - 1996)
- Honorable Mention Award for Best Paper: “Pregnancy leads to lasting changes in foot structure” (Association of Academic Physiatrist Excellence in Research Writing Award - 2014)
- Outstanding performance during clinical practice placement test (Universidad Particular de Chiclayo - 1994)