Summer J. Decker, PH.D.
Director of Imaging Research, Dept. of Radiology, Morsani College of Medicine
Assistant Professor, College of Medicine Radiology
Assistant Professor, College of Medicine Surgery
Assistant Professor, Physical Therapy & Rehabilitation Sciences
Assistant Professor, Non USF Health
2 Tampa General Circle
Tampa FL 33606
Academic Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Academic Phone:(813) 259-8782
- PhD, Medicine, University of South Florida, 2010
- MS, Medical Science (Pathology), USF College of Medicine, 2008
- MA, Bioethics and Medical Humanities, USF College of Medicine, 2007
- MA, Physical (Forensic) Anthropology, University of Nevada, Las Vegas, 2004
- BA, Anthropology, University of Nevada, Las Vegas, 2001
- BA, Spanish, University of Nevada, Las Vegas, 2001
Interdisciplinary and Emerging Signature Programs
- Biomedical Engineering & Nanomedicine
- Three-dimensional (3D) medical imaging and anatomical modeling, biomedical engineering, rapid prototyping, 3D geometric morphometric analysis, experimental radiology, medical device development. Applied virtual anatomy/anthropology, forensic radiology/imaging, Virtopsy (virtual autopsy), surgical simulation and training, craniofacial identification, Forensic Anthropology and Pathology, Medical and Research Ethics and Law.
- National Academy of Inventors (Member, 2016 - Present)
- International Society for Forensic Radiology and Imaging (Member, 2013 - Present)
- Association of University Radiologists (Member, 2013 - Present)
- Radiological Society of North America (Member, 2008 - Present)
- Sigma Xi: The Science Research Society (Associate Member, 2003 - Present)
- American Academy of Forensic Sciences (Member, 2000 - Present)
- LeBedis CA, Rosenkrantz AB, Otero HJ, Decker SJ, Ward RJ. Contrast reaction training in US radiology residencies: a (BLINDED) study. Clinical imaging. 43: 140-143, 2017. http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/28314200
- Ford J, Decker S. Computed tomography slice thickness and its effects on three-dimensional reconstruction of anatomical structures. Journal of Forensic Radiology and Imaging. 4(4) : 43-46, 2016.
- Decker SJ, Grajo JR, Hazelton TR, Hoang KN, McDonald JS, Otero HJ, Patel MJ, Prober AS, Retrouvey M, Rosenkrantz AB, Roth CG, Ward RJ. Research Challenges and Opportunities for Clinically Oriented Academic Radiology Departments. Academic Radiology. 23(1) : 43-52, 2016. http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/26598485
- Cox, Decker, Rolfe, Hazelton, and Roja. Middle Lobe Torsion after Unilateral Lung Transplant Journal of Radiology Case Reports. 10(5) : 15-21, 2016.
- Ford JM, Decker SJ, . Computed tomography slice thickness and its effects on three-dimensional reconstruction of anatomical structures. Journal of Forensic Radiology and Imaging. 4: 43-46., 2015.
- Shetty AS, Grajo JR, Decker SJ, Heitkamp DE, DeStigter KK, Mezwa DG, Deitte L. ABR Core examination preparation: results of a survey of fourth-year radiology residents who took the 2013 examination. Academic Radiology. 22(1) : 121-9, 2015. http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/25481520
- Davy-Jow, S. Decker, S. Virtual Anthropology and Virtopsy in Human Identification. Book Chapter in "Advances in Forensic Human Identification 2nd edition". : 263-281, 2014.
- Decker, S. Ford, J. Ching, J. Patient-specific jaw splint for edentulous and partially edentulous patients presenting with jaw fractures International Journal of Computer Assisted Radiology and Surgery. 9: S258-259, 2014.
- McCullough M, Ford J, Decker S, Downes K, Hilbelink D, Hoyte L, Hart S, Ordorica R. S2, S3, and S4 foramina position overlap pertinent to sacral neuro stimulation. Journal of Urology. 189(4) : e429, 2013.
- Decker S, Ford J, Davy-Jow S, Faraut P, Neville W, Hilbelink D. Who is this person? A comparison study of current three-dimensional facial approximation methods. Forensic science international. 229(1-3) : 161.e1-8, 2013. http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/23628365
- McCullough MC, Decker S, Ford J, Downes K, Hilbelink D, Ordorica R, Hoyte L, Hart S. Third sacral foramina morphometry for sacral neuromodulation. Female Pelvic Medicine & Reconstructive Surgery. 19(1) : 23-30, 2013. http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/23321655
- Carmichael O, Xie J, Fletcher E, Singh B, DeCarli C ADNI Investigators. Localized hippocampus measures are associated with Alzheimer pathology and cognition independent of total hippocampal volume. Neurobiology of Aging. 33(6) : 1124.e31-41, 2012. http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/22169204
- Schott JM ADNI Investigators. Using CSF biomarkers to replicate genetic associations in Alzheimer's disease. Neurobiology of aging. 33(7) : 1486.e9-15, 2012. http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21459483
- Davy-Jow SL, Decker SJ, Ford JM. A simple method of nose tip shape validation for facial approximation. Forensic science international. 214(1-3) : 208.e1-3, 2012. http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21839596
- Komar DA, Davy-Jow S, Decker SJ. The use of a 3-D laser scanner to document ephemeral evidence at crime scenes and postmortem examinations. Journal of Forensic Sciences. 57(1) : 188-91, 2012. http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21939441
- Davy-Jow, SL. Decker, SJ. Schofield, D. Virtual Forensic Anthropology: Applications of Advanced Computer Graphics Technology to the Identification of Human Remains. Book Chapter in "Handbook of Research on Practices and Outcomes in Virtual Worlds and Environment". : 217-235, 2011.
- Decker SJ, Davy-Jow SL, Ford JM, Hilbelink DR. Virtual determination of sex: metric and nonmetric traits of the adult pelvis from 3D computed tomography models. Journal of Forensic Sciences. 56(5) : 1107-14, 2011. http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21595690
- 2014 Dean's Recognition Award for Teaching Excellence (USF Morsani College of Medicine - 2014)