Summer Decker, Ph.D.
Assistant Professor, College Of Medicine Pathology & Cell Biology
Assistant Professor, College Of Medicine Radiology
Assistant Professor, College Of Medicine Surgery
Assistant Professor, Physical Therapy & Rehabilitation Sciences
College Of Medicine Radiology
Director of Imaging Research, Dept. of Radiology, Morsani College of Medicine, University of South Florida
2 Tampa General Circle
Tampa, FL 33606
Academic Email: email@example.com
Academic Phone: (813) 259-8782
- PhD, Medicine, University Of South Florida, 2010
- MS, Medical Science (Pathology), USF College of Medicine, 2008
- MA, Bioethics and Medical Humanities, USF College of Medicine, 2007
- MA, Physical (Forensic) Anthropology, University of Nevada, Las Vegas, 2004
- BA, Anthropology, University of Nevada, Las Vegas, 2001
- BA, Spanish, University of Nevada, Las Vegas, 2001
- Three-dimensional (3D) medical imaging and anatomical modeling, biomedical engineering, rapid prototyping, 3D geometric morphometric analysis, experimental radiology, medical device development. Applied virtual anatomy/anthropology, forensic radiology/imaging, Virtopsy (virtual autopsy), surgical simulation and training, educational technologies, craniofacial identification, Forensic Anthropology and Pathology, Medical and Research Ethics and Law.
- International Society for Forensic Radiology and Imaging (Member, 2013 - Present)
- Association of University Radiologists (Member, 2013 - Present)
- Society for Imaging Informatics in Medicine (Member, 2013 - Present)
- Radiological Society of North America (Member, 2008 - Present)
- Sigma Xi: The Science Research Society (Associate Member, 2003 - Present)
- American Academy of Forensic Sciences (Member, 2000 - Present)
- Shetty, A. Grajo, J. Decker, S. Heitkamp, D. DeStigter, K. Mezwa, D. Deitte, L. ABR Core Exam Preparation: Results of a Survey of
4th Year Radiology Residents Who Took the 2013 Examination Academic Radiology. : In Press, 2014.
- Decker, S. Ford, J. Ching, J. Patient-specific jaw splint for edentulous and partially edentulous patients presenting with jaw fractures International Journal of Computer Assisted Radiology and Surgery. 9: S258-259, 2014.
- Davy-Jow, S. Decker, S. Virtual Anthropology and Virtopsy in Human Identification. Book Chapter in "Advances in Forensic Human Identification 2nd edition". : 263-281, 2014.
- Decker, S.Ford, J.Davy-Jow, S.Faraut, P.Neville, W.Hilbelink, D. Who is this person? A comparison study of current three-dimensional facial approximation methods. Forensic science international. 229(1-3) : 161.e1-8, 2013. http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/23628365
- McCullough, MC.Decker, S.Ford, J.Downes, K.Hilbelink, D.Ordorica, R.Hoyte, L.Hart, S. Third sacral foramina morphometry for sacral neuromodulation. Female pelvic medicine & reconstructive surgery. 19(1) : 23-30, 2013. http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/23321655
- Komar, DA.Davy-Jow, S.Decker, SJ. The use of a 3-D laser scanner to document ephemeral evidence at crime scenes and postmortem examinations. Journal of forensic sciences. 57(1) : 188-91, 2012. http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21939441
- Davy-Jow, SL.Decker, SJ.Ford, JM. A simple method of nose tip shape validation for facial approximation. Forensic science international. 214(1-3) : 208.e1-3, 2012. http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21839596
- Decker, SJ.Davy-Jow, SL.Ford, JM.Hilbelink, DR. Virtual determination of sex: metric and nonmetric traits of the adult pelvis from 3D computed tomography models. Journal of forensic sciences. 56(5) : 1107-14, 2011. http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21595690
- Davy-Jow, SL. Decker, SJ. Schofield, D. Virtual Forensic Anthropology: Applications of Advanced Computer Graphics Technology to the Identification of Human Remains. Book Chapter in "Handbook of Research on Practices and Outcomes in Virtual Worlds and Environment". : 217-235, 2011.
- 2014 Dean's Recognition Award for Teaching Excellence (USF Morsani College of Medicine - 2014)