Jeannie B. Stephenson, P.T., Ph.D., M.S., NCS
Assistant Professor, PHYSICAL THERAPY & REHABILITATION SCIENCES
12901 Bruce B. Downs Blvd., MDC 77
Tampa, FL 33612
Academic Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Academic Phone: (813) 974-5523
View My C.V.
- PhD, Medical Sciences, University of South Florida, 2014
- Graduate Certificate, Neuroscience, University of South Florida, 2010
- MS, Medical Sciences, University of South Florida, 2009
- MS, Physical Therapy, Medical College Of Virginia, 1988
Interdisciplinary and Emerging Signature Programs
- Dr. Stephenson's research focuses on quantitative assessment of gait and balance in individuals with movement disorders, particularly ataxia and multiple sclerosis. She also investigates the effects of physical therapy interventions on gait and balance in these populations.
- Florida Physical Therapy Association (Member, 2002 - Present)
- American Physical Therapy Association (Neurology and Education Section Member, 1978 - Present)
- Association of Medical Science Graduate Students (AMSGS) (Member, 2009 - 2014)
- Mercuris K, Stephenson JB. Ch. 15: Approaches to Neurologic Rehabilitation. In Fell, D textbook-Therapeutic Approaches in Neurology: Evaluation, Intervention, Outcomes. , 2015.
- Stephenson J, Zesiewicz T, Gooch C, Wecker L, Sullivan, K, Jahan I, Kim, S. Gait and Balance in Adults with Friedreich’s Ataxia. Gait and Posture. 41: 603-607, 2015.
- Zesiewicz T, Kim SH, Sullivan K, Stephenson J, Jahan I, Perlman S, Shaw J, Vu T, Gooch C. Treatment of Neurodegenerative Ataxias with Intravenous Immune Globulin (IVIG). Journal of Neurological Research. 4: 97-100, 2014.
- Stephenson, JB.; Maitland, ME; Beckstead, JW; Anemaet, WK. Locomotor Training on a Treadmiill Compared with PNF Training in Adults with Chronic Stroke. Technology & Innovation. 15: 325-32, 2014.
- Stephenson J, Kim SH, Zesiewicz T. Advanced Approach to Gait and Balance
Evaluation in Friedreich’s Ataxia. Journal of Neurologic Physical Therapy. 4(35) : 213-223, 2012.
- Kim SH, Stephenson J, Agazzi S, Abel N. Effects of Brain Shunt on Gait
Performance in People with Normal Pressure Hydrocephalus Journal of Neurologic Physical Therapy. 4(35) : 213-223, 2012.
- Out-patient Physical Therapist (Physical Therapy Center, University of South Florida 2002 - 2014)
- Senior Physical Therapist (Rehabilitation Unit & Day Rehab Program, Johnston-Willis Hospital 1989 - 2002)
- Center Coordinator of Clinical Education (Rehabilitation Unit & Day Rehab Program, Johnston-Willis Hospital 1989 - 2002)
- Consultant Pediatric Physical Therapist (United Cerebral Palsy Center, 1987 - 1989)
- Assistant Professor (Dept. of Physical Therapy, School of Allied Health Sciences, East Carolina University 1987 - 1989)
- Sr. Graduate Teaching Asst in Therapeutic Exercise (Dept. of Physical Therapy, Virginia Commonwealth University 1984 - 1986)
- Outstanding Manuscript Reviewer (Archives of Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation - 2015)