Jeannie B. Stephenson, PT, PhD, NCS
Assistant Professor, Physical Therapy & Rehabilitation Sciences
12901 Bruce B. Downs Blvd., MDC 77
Tampa FL 33612
Academic Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Academic Phone:(813) 974-5523
- PhD, Medical Sciences, University of South Florida, 2014
- Graduate Certificate, Neuroscience, University of South Florida, 2010
- MS, Medical Sciences, University of South Florida, 2009
- MS, Physical Therapy, Medical College Of Virginia, 1988
Interdisciplinary and Emerging Signature Programs
- Dr. Stephenson's research focuses on quantitative assessment of gait and balance in individuals with movement disorders, particularly ataxia and multiple sclerosis. She also investigates the effects of physical therapy interventions on gait and balance in these populations.
- USNA Tampa Bay Parent Organization (Organizer, 2014 - Present)
- Florida Physical Therapy Association (Member, 2002 - Present)
- American Physical Therapy Association (Neurology and Education Section Member, 1978 - Present)
- APTA Neurology & Pediatric Sections (Case Facilitator, 2016 - 2016)
- Friend Zone: Respite Program for fam ilies of children with disabili ties (Coordinator, 2010 - 2014)
- Association of Medical Science Graduate Students (AMSGS) (Member, 2009 - 2014)
- Zesiewicz T. Stephenson J. Kim S Farmer J Sullivan K Jahan I Huang Y Salemi J Wecker L Shaw J Gooch C. Objective Measures Predict Longitudinal Gait and Balance Decline in Friedreich’s Ataxia. Gait & Posture. , 2016.
- Tillman B Luther J Robertson D Casady L Stephenson J. Free from Falls Program at the University of South Florida. Poster presented at the Consortium of Multiple Sclerosis Centers (CMSC) 2016 Conference, National Harbor, MD. , 2016.
- Stephenson J Kim S Gooch C Wecker L Sullivan K Zesiewicz T Relationship between balance deficits and gait variability in Friedreich’s Ataxia. Poster presented at IV STEP Conference, Ohio State University. , 2016.
- Stephenson J Kim S Gooch C Sullivan K Jahan I Zesiewicz T. Assessment of Balance in Adults with Friedreich’s Ataxia Poster presented at APTA Combined Sections Meeting, Anaheim, CA. , 2016.
- Mercuris K, Stephenson JB. Ch. 15: Approaches to Neurologic Rehabilitation. In Fell, D textbook-Therapeutic Approaches in Neurology: Evaluation, Intervention, Outcomes. , 2015.
- Stephenson J, Zesiewicz T, Gooch C, Wecker L, Sullivan, K, Jahan I, Kim, S. Gait and Balance in Adults with Friedreich’s Ataxia. Gait and Posture. 41: 603-607, 2015.
- Stephenson, JB.; Maitland, ME; Beckstead, JW; Anemaet, WK. Locomotor Training on a Treadmiill Compared with PNF Training in Adults with Chronic Stroke. Technology & Innovation. 15: 325-32, 2014.
- Zesiewicz T, Kim SH, Sullivan K, Stephenson J, Jahan I, Perlman S, Shaw J, Vu T, Gooch C. Treatment of Neurodegenerative Ataxias with Intravenous Immune Globulin (IVIG). Journal of Neurological Research. 4: 97-100, 2014.
- Stephenson J, Kim SH, Zesiewicz T. Advanced Approach to Gait and Balance Evaluation in Friedreich’s Ataxia. Journal of Neurologic Physical Therapy. 4(35) : 213-223, 2012.
- Kim SH, Stephenson J, Agazzi S, Abel N. Effects of Brain Shunt on Gait Performance in People with Normal Pressure Hydrocephalus Journal of Neurologic Physical Therapy. 4(35) : 213-223, 2012.
- Out-patient Physical Therapist (Physical Therapy Center, University of South Florida 2002 - 2014)
- Senior Physical Therapist (Rehabilitation Unit & Day Rehab Program, Johnston-Willis Hospital 1989 - 2002)
- Center Coordinator of Clinical Education (Rehabilitation Unit & Day Rehab Program, Johnston-Willis Hospital 1989 - 2002)
- Consultant Pediatric Physical Therapist (United Cerebral Palsy Center, 1987 - 1989)
- Assistant Professor (Dept. of Physical Therapy, School of Allied Health Sciences, East Carolina University 1987 - 1989)
- Sr. Graduate Teaching Asst in Therapeutic Exercise (Dept. of Physical Therapy, Virginia Commonwealth University 1984 - 1986)
- Outstanding Manuscript Reviewer (Archives of Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation - 2015)