Faculty Activity Report (FAR)
State faculty activity reporting is completed in the FAIR system three (3) times annually for the summer, fall and spring terms.
Faculty Activity Reporting (FAR) is a legislatively State mandated process to report faculty effort within educational, research, service and other categories.
- Faculty and Faculty Adjuncts (these forms are completed at the department level by the faculty)
- Faculty FAR forms require signature certification
- Graduate Assistants, Residents, Non Compensated State Employees, Extra Compensated State employees, and all other generated non faculty reports are completed centrally by the MCOM Business Office
- Comply with F.S.S. 1012.945 (12 hour law)
- Comply with Chancellor Memo 87-17.1
- Expenditure Analysis - determines funding
- LCME reporting
- Management reporting
- Used historically in the Asset Investment Management System (AIMS)
- FAR forms are completed in the Workload module of the FAIR System (Faculty Academic Information Reporting System). To access the FAIR system, log into the My USF portal at https://my.usf.edu then select Business Systems, and then select FAIR.
- FAR is completed in the FAIR system three (3) times annually for the summer, fall and spring terms. The release and due dates of the reports are established by the MCOM Business Office.
- Noncompliance with state law (Auditor General annual audit)
- Negatively impacts the University, College, and Department funding
- Instances of noncompliance will be reported to the Dean, Chair, Vice President, or Director, as appropriate
- Provides FAR assistance and support to the Morsani College of Medicine and College of Pharmacy.
- Generates and populates the FAR forms, sets reporting schedule, tracks progress, rolling of MCOM and COP courses, reconciliation, and audit.
- Completes the FAR forms for all Residents, Graduate Assistants, Non-comp State Employees, and all other non-faculty FAR forms.
- FAIR 3.0 - FAR Faculty Guide
- FAIR 3.0 - FAR Faculty-Admin Guide
- FAIR 3.0 - Chair Signature Instructions
The MCOM Business Office
- Provides assistance and support to the Morsani College of Medicine and College of Pharmacy.
- Populates the forms, schedules & tracking, form completion, rolling MD courses, assignment of accounts and reconciliation.
- Completes the FAR forms for all Residents, Graduate Assistants, Non-comp State Employees, and all other non-faculty FAR forms. Departments are responsible for Faculty and Faculty Adjuncts only.
MCOM Business Office Contact:
Fiscal & Business Analyst
Phone: (813) 974-3385