The IVIS Spectrum is the newest imaging system available from Caliper Life Sciences. Like previous IVIS systems, it uses Xenogen’s novel patented optical imaging technology to facilitate non-invasive longitudinal monitoring of disease progression, cell trafficking and gene expression patterns in living animals.
Advantages of the IVIS Spectrum is that it includes it’s own anesthesia apparatus, however, researchers must provide their own isoflurane.
Features and Benefits:
- High-sensitivity in vivo imaging of fluorescence and bioluminescence
- High throughput (5 mice) with 23 cm field of view
- High resolution (to 20 microns) with 3.9 cm field of view
- Twenty eight high efficiency filters spanning 430 – 850 nm
- Supports spectral unmixing applications
- Ideal for distinguishing multiple bioluminescent and fluorescent reporters
- Optical switch in the fluorescence illumination path allows reflection-mode or transmission-mode illumination
- 3D diffuse tomographic reconstruction for both fluorescence and bioluminescence
- Ability import and automatically co-register CT or MRI images yielding a functional and anatomical context for your scientific data