Computer Technical Support
Room: FOB 2nd Floor (Map)
Information Services provides many computer support services free to the HSC community along with a few more complex or time intensive services that are offered as a "premium" or for-pay service. This page focuses on our help desk (the Support Desk) and desktop support offerings. Here you will also find answers to frequently asked questions, how-to guides for a number of tasks, and our downloads page with USF licensed software and some freeware applications.
The HSC-IS Support Desk
Telephone Support - (813) 974-6288
Fax - (813) 974-5198
Walk-up Window - FOB 2nd Floor
The Support Desk is the normal first point of contact for most customer service related issues. When you call or visit the IT Support Desk you will be talking to a real technician, not a clerk with a script. We pride ourselves on resolving over 80% of our customers problems during the initial contact.
- Software Support is provided for all products on our Supported Software List.
- Troubleshooting of both hardware and software related problems begins here.
- Requests for new (or "pre-owned") computer setup on USF owned computers may be made through the Support Desk line or by using our Online Service Request page.
- Computers, particularly laptops, may also be dropped off at our Walk-up Window for faster service for either setup or troubleshooting.
- A limited number of loaner laptops, provided by the College of Medicine, are available for students of the MD and Physical Therapy programs.
On-Site Desktop Support
On-site troubleshooting for problems that cannot be resolved over the telephone and hardware/software installation and configuration services are provided for most sites that connect to the HSC network.