Here you will find a number of guides that will answer many of your IT questions. Below are a some of our most frequently asked questions.
- How do I get a USF Health Account
- How do I obtain access to Epic/GE
- I have forgotten my USF Health Email account password, how do I reset it
- Do I have personal and departmental network drive space available to me when I get an account
- Do I have a limit on the amount of email I can store on the server
- What platforms/operating systems do you support on the USF Health Network
- What are the hours for the Technology Service Desk, and where is it located
- Can I connect my Smartphone or Tablet to the USF Health Email system
- I use a laptop as my primary computing solution, what services do you offer if it breaks
- Is there anything that the Technology Service Desk will not be able to help me with
How do I get a USF Health Account
Obtaining a USF Health Account is easy for an active student, faculty, or staff member. Complete our automated account creation form by clicking the link below:
This link can also be completed by support entities of USF Health as well, however, a valid USF Health contact must be provided.
How do I obtain access to Epic/GE
USF Health Employees that need access to Epic/GE, or who need to change existing accesses, have to complete the USF Health IS Epic/GE request forms and sign up for training. Click this link for complete instructions:
New access will not be granted unless training is completed.
I have forgotten my USF Health Email account password, how do I reset it
Reset your HSCNET account password using the Password Reset system. Password Reset can be accessed from any browser by clicking the link below:
If you don't remember your Password Reset information such as your pin or elementary school, please click here to submit a password reset request
Do I have personal and departmental network drive space available to me when I get an account
All USF Health accounts are given 300 MB of storage space for their home drives, and this normally shows up as the drive letter “H:” when logged into the USF Health Network. More space cannot be purchased for Home directories.
Departments are allotted 500 MB of space initially (on the "G" drive) and additional space can be purchased by each department if needed.
Do I have a limit on the amount of email I can store on the server
Users with USF Health Email accounts can store 2 – 5 gigabytes of email on the server. Once this quota has been reached, users will not be able to send/receive email until the account is under quota. We recommend archiving your email regularly.
What platforms/operating systems do you support on the USF Health Network
We support the following systems:
- All Microsoft Operating systems released after Windows XP.
- Apple Operating systems 10.6 and higher- there will be differences in the user experience running this platform[BL1]
Other operating systems or servers are considered on a case by case basis, and we will attempt to find a solution to fit your needs.
What are the hours for the Technology Service Desk, and where is it located
The USF Health IS Technology Service Desk is open:
- Monday - Friday 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
You can reach us on the Live Chat Portal by clicking this link then the live chat portal banner.
We are located in the Faculty Office Building (MDF) on USF’s Tampa Campus. Click below to get directions.
Can I connect my Smartphone or Tablet to the USF Health Email system
Yes, the USF Health E-mail system supports connecting to android and iOS systems. Click here for instructions.
I use a laptop as my primary computing solution, what services do you offer if it breaks
One of our technicians will evaluate the machine in question and will attempt to make a determination as to whether the issue is hardware-related or software-related.
Should the issue be software-related, support will be given when possible. If the issue is a hardware issue:
With Dell warranty
- We will schedule a hardware replacement by a Dell technician in our offices
No Dell warranty/ not a Dell computer
- We can assist you with finding the best solution to resolve your issue.
Is there anything that the Technology Service Desk will not be able to help me with
The USF Health IS Technology Service desk will always find a way to assist you with your technology related issue. In many cases we may not be able to assist with hardware malfunctions/defects on personally owned equipment unless you are a student under the laptop mandate. We do have the ability to assist users with a variety of problems and offer the best resources to fix their problem should we not be able to assist.