- To promote individual development and advancement through programs designed to build and expand professional skills and knowledge.
- To retain talented individuals within the College of Medicine.
- To engender the next generation of academic leaders.
- To engage faculty, staff and students in outreach programs and public service.
- To be a resource for professional development within the University and College
- To create a national model for professional development programs within as academic health center
The Office of Faculty Development also provides management/organizational consultation in order to develop strategies in accordance with USF policies and procedures on handling faculty job performance issues and workplace concerns. Supervisors and managers may confidentially contact Office of Faculty Development to discuss any situations that may arise.
The Office of Faculty Development will work with you to determine if the situation is appropriate for referral to the Office of Faculty Development, discuss constructive ways to confront the faculty member about performance, and help with the referral process.
Office of Faculty Development also is available to assist with other organizational concerns such as:
- Conflict Resolution
- Workplace Violence
- Critical incidents
- Drug Free Workplace
- Workplace Mediation
- Fitness-for-Duty Evaluations
- Policy Development