Intense Pulsed Light or Photo Rejuvenation
Intense pulsed light or IPL is a light device that functions similarly to a laser. Light pulses are transformed into heat energy which are absorbed by brown spots and blood vessels beneath the skin. The absorption of heat by these structures allows them to be selectively destroyed and improve the texture and tone of the skin over time. This treatment is best suited for patients with chronic sun damage, rosacea, and those with a ruddy complexion. It is best for patients to avoid excessive sun exposure and self-tanners 4-6 weeks prior to their treatment.
What are the benefits of IPL Treatment?
- Reduces redness over time
- Diminishes brown spots
- Creates even skin tone and improves the texture of the skin
- Softer, smoother skin in the treatment area
- Used to treat face, arms, neck, shoulders
- Safe and effective
What to expect during and after IPL Treatment?
- Cool air is used to minimize discomfort during the treatment
- Mild redness in the treatment area can be expected
- Multiple treatments are needed to achieve the best results
- Brown spots will flake off 3-5 days post treatment
- Shave hair on the face within 24 hours of treatment for male patients
Please Note: Cosmetics Procedures are not covered by Health Insurance.