Laser Vein Therapy
Vascular lesions come in all different shapes and sizes as well as appear on many different areas of the body. With the latest in laser technology, we are able to treat unwanted facial veins, spider veins on the legs, port wine stains, and the small red dots called cherry angiomas that appear anywhere on the body with age. Laser treatment for vascular lesions like veins uses the laser to send energy into the vessel where it is absorbed by hemoglobin. Once absorbed, the hemoglobin is selectively heated allowing for it to be coagulated and walled off from the body no longer being visible under the skin. It is important for patients to avoid the use of self –tanners and sun exposure 4-6 weeks prior to treatment.
What are the benefits of Laser Vein Therapy?
- Minimally invasive
- Minimal discomfort
- Reduces the appearance of unsightly veins
- Safe and effective
What to expect during and after Laser Vein Therapy?
- Cool air is used to minimize discomfort during the treatment
- Mild redness in the treatment area can be expected
- Facial veins and cherry angiomas usually respond with 1-2 treatments approximately 6-8 weeks apart
- Spider veins on the legs may require multiple treatments for an optimal result
Please Note: Cosmetics Procedures are not covered by Health Insurance.