Laser Hair Removal
Unwanted hair is now a thing of the past.
Thanks to current laser technology unwanted hair is now a thing of the past. Laser hair removal works by heating the hair follicle and selectively damaging it allowing for decreased growth over time. The laser is attracted to the pigment in the hair therefore the treatment is effective only for darker hair. Here at the university we have several lasers that can safely and effectively treat any skin type for hair removal. It is important for darker skin types to be treated on specific lasers in skilled hands to avoid complications from the treatment. Additionally, it is recommended that patients avoid the use of self-tanners and sun exposure in the treatment areas 4-6 weeks prior to their appointment.
What are the benefits of Laser Hair Removal?
- Reduces hair growth over time
- Fewer ingrown hairs
- Less frequency of having to shave, wax or hide embarrassing unwanted hair
- Softer, smoother skin in the treatment area
- Safe and effective
What to expect during and after Laser Hair Removal?
- Cool air is used to minimize discomfort during the treatment
- Mild redness in the treatment area can be expected
- Multiple treatments are needed to achieve the best results (5-8 treatments depending on the area are recommended)
- Shave within 24 hours of treatment