Caregiver Interactive Workshops & Lectures
An intimate, interactive 3-hour workshop where participants identify problems, based on real-life scenarios, and discuss solutions to improve communication and manage behaviors of individuals with Alzheimer’s disease or memory-related disorders. Please call (813) 396-0659 to register or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- August 31, 2017 | 9:00am-12:15pm, Cost $40
Helping Alzheimer family caregivers navigate the late stages of Alzheimer’s – USF Health Byrd Institute
- September 29, 2017 | 9:00am-12:15pm, Cost $40
Helping New Family caregivers navigate the Alzheimer’s journey – USF Health Byrd Institute
- October 26, 2017 | 9:00am-12:15pm, Cost $40
Helping Alzheimer's family caregivers improve communication and manage difficult behaviors – USF Health Byrd Institute
A day-long lecture featuring USF faculty and experts from the Byrd Institute detailing current information and practical tips to help persons caring for loved ones with Alzheimer's and related dementias.
Highlights include (subject to change):
- Understanding Alzheimer's disease and medication management
- Clinical Trials: One Step Closer to a Cure
- Overview of strategies for managing behaviors and communicating with a person with Alzheimer's
- Understanding what cognitive loss means and how it affects behaviors.