Caregiver Interactive Workshops & Lectures
An intimate, interactive 3-hour workshop where participants identify problems, based on real-life scenarios, and discuss solutions to improve communication and manage behaviors of individuals with Alzheimer’s disease or memory-related disorders. Please call (813) 396-0722 to register or email email@example.com
- May 23, 2018 9:00am-12:15pm, Cost $40
Helping Alzheimer Family Caregivers Improve Communication and Manage Behaviors
A day-long lecture featuring USF faculty and experts from the Byrd Institute detailing current information and practical tips to help persons caring for loved ones with Alzheimer's and related dementias.
Highlights include (subject to change):
- Understanding Alzheimer's disease and medication management
- Clinical Trials: One Step Closer to a Cure
- Overview of strategies for managing behaviors and communicating with a person with Alzheimer's
- Understanding what cognitive loss means and how it affects behaviors.