Professional Education Program Offerings
The Byrd Institute has been recognized by CE Broker, the official continuing education system for the Florida Department of Health, for consistent reporting within the required 90 days. This is our commitment to ensure rapid reporting of CE credits for continuing education compliance.
We are approved by the following organizations as an accredited provider of continuing education:
- Florida Board of Nursing
- Florida Board of Clinical Social Work, Marriage and Family Therapy, and Mental Health Counseling
- Florida Board of Nursing Home Administrators
- Florida Board of Occupational Therapy
- Florida Council of Dietetics and Nutrition
Continuing Education training and certificates are also provided for:
- Assisted Living Facility Administrators
- Care Managers
- Certified Activity Professionals
- Certified Nursing Assistants
- Professional Guardians
FL Department Of Elder Affairs Core Training
Educators with the Byrd Institute are certified core trainers by the Florida Department of Elder Affairs to teach approved state-mandated Alzheimer’s Disease and Related Disorders curricula.
Customized Program FormatsOur programs can be customized and delivered to meet the diverse needs of your organization and staff.
- Off-site programs (at your facility)*
- On-site at the Byrd Institute
- Home study and computer-based programs
Professional Training CoursesSelect from one of the below topics or have one customized to meet your organization's needs and CE requirements.
- Diagnosis and treatment of Alzheimer's disease
- Understanding Alzheimer’s, vascular dementia, Lewy body dementia,
- Frontotemporal dementia, and implications for care
- Techniques to prevent or manage difficult behaviors
- Strategies for communicating and interacting with a person with Alzheimer's disease and other dementias
- Meeting the needs of family caregivers
- Normal age-related memory loss verses Alzheimer's disease
- Understanding cognitive loss and how it affects behaviors
- Working with caregivers: Tips for successful caregiving
- Medication tips for Alzheimer's
- Creating a safe environment for individuals with Alzheimer’s disease
Half-Day CEU Program
We offer a half-day conference, "Alzheimer's Disease: What Health Care Professionals Need to Know" throughout the year. CEU's are provided. Each half-day workshop focuses on a key topic pertaining to Alzheimer's and other dementias presented by the practitioners and faculty from the Byrd Institute. Sample program topics include the diagnosis and treatment of Alzheimer's and other dementias, multidisciplinary approach to safety concerns, pharmacological and non-pharmacological approaches to behavior management, and new advances in prevention, risk reduction and treatment. Register and pay online.
February 23, 2017 | 8:00am-12:00pm, Cost: $40 Alzheimer's Disease: What Health Care Professionals Need To Know – USF Health Byrd Institute
Annual 3-day summer Geriatric Health Care Conference
The 3-day continuing education conference (June 13-15, 2017) provides practitioners, administrators and service providers current information on Alzheimer's disease, dementia and other critical issues in aging. Provides 6 hours of CEU's each day for a total of 18 hours of CEU's. Register now
New this year! Groups registering from the same company or with a professional association can receive a team discount of 15% off early bird and standard rates for three or more people. In order to receive a team discount, the group must submit their registration and payment at one time. Team discounts are non-transferable. Individuals registering from the same company or employer must be located at the same physical site location to receive discount. If you are interested in a team discount, please call (813) 396-0659 or email email@example.com.
Hotel Accommodations | Embassy Suites by Hilton Tampa USF Near Busch Gardens
A limited block of rooms has been reserved at Embassy Suites by Hilton Tampa USF Near Busch Gardens until Sunday May 14, 2017. To make your reservations, contact the reservations department at 1-800-EMBASSY (1-800-362-2779) and mention the USF- Alzheimer's Institute and/or the group code UAI for a special rate of $159 per night (plus tax).
Conference Brochure linkCheck back for the 2017 Geriatric Health Care Conference brochure.
PaymentsAll payments can be made online.
For further information or to schedule training, please contact our Education Division at (813) 396-0659 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.