Professional Education Program Offerings
The Byrd Institute works with the USF Department of Continuing Professional Development, who will provide the CEUs and upload the hours to CE Broker.
USF is approved by the following organizations as an accredited provider of continuing education:
- Florida Board of Nursing
- Florida Board of Clinical Social Work, Marriage and Family Therapy, and Mental Health Counseling
- Florida Board of Nursing Home Administrators
- Florida Board of Occupational Therapy
- Florida Board of Psychology
Continuing Education training and certificates are also provided for:
- Assisted Living Facility Administrators
- Care Managers
- Certified Activity Professionals
- Certified Nursing Assistants
- Professional Guardians
- Service providers
- other who work with older adults or persons with dementia.
Our programs can be customized and delivered to meet the diverse needs of your organization and staff. They can be conducted at the Byrd Institute in Tampa or at your location. Call the Education Department for information on formats, topics and pricing.
*Additional fees may apply for distance and mileage greater than 50 miles outside of Tampa.
Training TopicsBelow are selected topics that can be presented alone, or in combination for a longer program, or as a series of training sessions.
- Diagnosis and treatment of Alzheimer's disease
- Understanding Alzheimer’s and other dementia and implications for care
- Techniques to prevent or manage difficult behaviors
- Strategies for communicating and interacting with a person with Alzheimer's disease and other dementias
- Meeting the needs of family caregivers
- Normal age-related memory loss verses Alzheimer's disease
- Understanding cognitive loss and how it affects behaviors
- Working with caregivers: Tips for successful caregiving
- Design for dementia: impact on safety, behaviors and quality of life
- Medication tips for Alzheimer's
- Creating a safe environment for individuals with Alzheimer’s disease
- and more!
Annual 3-day summer Geriatric Health Care Conference
June 12, 13 and 14, 2018
Embassy Suites by Hilton Tampa USF Near Busch Gardens
3705 Spectrum Dr , Tampa Fl.
Call the hotel directly at 813-977-7066 to make reservations.
Conference Brochure with Program and Pricing
Program, Registration and Payments
Registration and payment for conference attendees and exhibitors must be made online on the USF Continuing Professional Development's website. Click on the link below and then go to course calendar.
For further information or to schedule training, please contact Eileen Poiley, Director of Education, at (813) 396-0635 or email email@example.com