Professional Education Program Offerings
At the Byrd Alzheimer's Institute, education and training on Alzheimer's disease, dementia and caregiver issues for health care professionals and service providers is a priority. Our programs are presented by USF faculty with expert knowledge in Alzheimer's disease. Information presented is practical and highly applicable in patient care settings. The goal of our training is to meet your needs and improve your healthcare service.
The Byrd Institute has been recognized by CE Broker, the official continuing education system for the Florida Department of Health, for consistent reporting within the required 90 days. This is our commitment to ensure rapid reporting of CE credits for continuing education compliance.
We are approved by the following organizations as an accredited provider of continuing education:
- Florida Board of Nursing
- Florida Board of Clinical Social Work,
Marriage and Family Therapy, and Mental
- Florida Board of Nursing Home
- Florida Board of Occupational Therapy
- Florida Council of Dietetics and Nutrition
Continuing Education training and certificates
are also provided for:
- Assisted Living Facility Administrators
- Care Managers
- Certified Activity Professionals
- Certified Nursing Assistants
- Professional Guardians
For your convenience, CE credits are entered onto the CE Broker website.
FL Department Of Elder Affairs Core Training
Educators with the Byrd Institute are certified core trainers by the Florida Department of Elder Affairs to teach approved state-mandated Alzheimer’s Disease and Related Disorders curricula.
Customized Program Formats
Our programs can be customized and delivered to meet the diverse needs of your organization and staff.
- Off-site programs (at your facility)*
- On-site at the Byrd Institute
- Home study and computer-based programs
*Additional fees may apply for distance and mileage greater than 50 miles outside of Tampa. The USF Health Byrd Institute reserves the right to provide speakers via remote access.
Return to Top
Professional Training Courses
Select from one of the below topics or have one customized to meet your organization's needs and CEU requirements.
- Diagnosis and treatment of Alzheimer's disease
- Understanding Alzheimer’s, vascular dementia, Lewy body dementia,
- Frontotemporal dementia, and implications for care
- Techniques to prevent or manage difficult behaviors
- Strategies for communicating and interacting with a person with Alzheimer's disease and other dementias
- Meeting the needs of family caregivers
- Normal age-related memory loss verses Alzheimer's disease
- Understanding cognitive loss and how it affects behaviors
- Working with caregivers: Tips for successful caregiving
- Medication tips for Alzheimer's
- Creating a safe environment for individuals with Alzheimer’s disease
We offer a half day conference, "Alzheimer's Disease: What Health Care Professionals Need to Know" throughout the year. This program offers 3 CEU’s. Each half-day workshop focuses on a key topic pertaining to Alzheimer's and other dementias presented by the practitioners and faculty from the Byrd Institute. The workshop topics include the diagnosis and treatment of Alzheimer's and other dementias, multidisciplinary approach to safety concerns, pharmacological and nonpharmacological approaches to behavior management, and new advances in prevention, risk reduction and treatment.
Return to Top
Annual 3-day summer Geriatric Health Care Conference
The 3-day continuing education conference provides practitioners, administrators and service providers current information on Alzheimer's disease, dementia and other critical issues in aging. Provides 6 hours of CEU's each day for a total of 18 hours of CEU's.
Check back for the 2017 Geriatric Health Care Conference brochure.
Return to Top
All payments can be made online.
Click here to pay online for all seminars and conferences
For further information or to schedule training, please contact our Education Division at (813) 396-0659.
Return to Top