The BRIDGE Pharmacy Clinic’s mission is to provide free medication and disease state management to the University Area Community population. Our goal is to improve the health outcomes of our patients by offering expert advise and management from licensed pharmacists and student pharmacists. The BRIDGE Pharmacy Clinic takes pride in our dedication to delivering the highest standards of pharmaceutical care by fostering a culture of education, collaboration, and patient centered care.
Ellen Bickel (Research)
Jonathan Santizo (Clinical)
Vanessa Ulloa (Financial)
Dr. Amy Schwartz, PharmD
Dr. John Clark, PharmD
Dr. Joseph Fierro, PharmD
Pharmacy Arms Services
• Assist as needed with difficulties in access of medications via formulary
• Streamline pharmacy visits and the refill process
• Improve and sustain an acceptable patient adherence to medication regimen
Continuity of Care:
• Assist in coordination of care with other health care providers as it relates to patients medication therapy and outcome
• Improve health care utilization and minimize the patients cost
• Incorporate patient participation in self-care and self-management
• Provide patient with educational resources to help improve health outcomes via evidenced based guidelines
• Assistive device training
Comprehensive Medication Management:
• Provide initial prescription counseling
• Identify, monitor, and prevent or minimize adverse drug events or medication related complications
• Prevent duplication of medication therapy and avoidance of drug interactions
• Assist primary care providers in monitoring patients medication therapy and medical conditions
• Recommend to the patient and the primary health care provider preventive measures and routine laboratory tests established by evidence-based guidelines.
• Conduct medication reconciliation and provide patients with current medication card.