Information and Resources for Middle School Teachers
ATTAC Day of Service
The A.T.T.A.C. Day of Service has been conducted with great success for the past ten years by USF AHEC in partnership with the USF Colleges of Medicine and Nursing, the School of Physical Therapy, and the Florida A&M University School of Pharmacy. With the support and assistance of our local school system, last year more than 4,000 health professions students taught over 25,000 middle school students in Hillsborough, Citrus, Hernando, Pasco, Pinellas, Charlotte, Desoto, Manatee and Sarasota counties.
This year, we once again ask for your support. Our health professions students are available to visit classrooms during both the fall and spring semesters.
Contact us today to indicate your interest in the program this year!
LaToya Clark, MPH
AHEC ATTAC Program Planner
Day of Service Information
- Day of Service Announcement 2009-2010
- Letter to Middle School Teachers
- Day of Service Teaching Guide 2009-2010
- Promoting Health in our Middle Schools Video (Recommended)
Day of Service Required Forms
Additional Resources for Your Classroom:
- Truth – great ads, games, and video clips.
- Tobacco Free Kids – join the fight.
- Kick Butts Day – help your students organize an anti-tobacco activity.
- CDC Youth Tobacco Prevention – includes great information, activities, videos, athlete specific prevention information, etc.
- Kids Health: Smoking Stinks – a kid friendly website that advocates healthy behaviors and includes activities and games. (English and Spanish)
Sponsored by the University of South Florida AHEC and the State of Florida, Department of Health.