Quit Tobacco Now!
Did you Know?
Reasons for Quitting
- You will live better and live longer.
- Quitting will lower your risk of having a heart attack, stroke, or cancer.
- If you are pregnant, quitting smoking will improve your chances of having a healthy baby.
- The people around you, especially your children, will be healthier and less likely to use tobacco.
- You will have extra money to spend on things other than tobacco.
- You will have fewer wrinkles.
- You are ready!
View our Living Smoke-Free brochure for more great reasons to quit smoking today!
Tobacco: Beyond Cigarettes
The dangers of tobacco aren't only found in cigarettes.
- Hookah: Click here to see read the Facts About Hookah.
Smoking Cessation Services
AHEC’s Tobacco Cessation Program utilizes trained Tobacco Cessation Specialists to provide free counseling and support services to medically needy patients interested in quitting tobacco.
Cessation Services in Your Community
For information about AHEC Smoking Cessation Services available in your county, please visit the Florida AHEC Network website.
Cessation Services at USF
At the University of South Florida, Smoking Cessation Services are offered for both employees and students. Please also check out the Counseling Center website.
Let us help you find the smoking cessation service that's right for you!
What: Lunchtime smoking Cessation Group
Where: USF AHEC
When: Fridays, 12:00 p.m. - 1:00 p.m.
Sponsored by the University of South Florida AHEC and the State of Florida, Department of Health.