Quit Tobacco Now!
Did you Know?
Tobacco is the single greatest cause of disease and premature death in America today. It is responsible for more than 430,000 deaths each year. Nearly 20% of adult Americans currently smoke, and 3,000 children and adolescents become regular users of tobacco every day. The societal costs of tobacco-related death and disease approach 100 billion dollars each year.
Reasons for Quitting
- You will live better and live longer.
- Quitting will lower your risk of having a heart attack, stroke, or cancer.
- If you are pregnant, quitting smoking will improve your chances of having a healthy baby.
- The people around you, especially your children, will be healthier and less likely to use tobacco.
- You will have extra money to spend on things other than tobacco.
- You will have fewer wrinkles.
- You are ready!
View our Living Smoke-Free brochure for more great reasons to quit smoking today!
Tobacco: Beyond Cigarettes
The dangers of tobacco aren't only found in cigarettes.
- Hookah: Click here to see read the Facts About Hookah.
Smoking Cessation Services
AHEC's Tobacco Cessation Program utilizes trained Tobacco Cessation Specialists to provide free counseling and support services to medically needy patients interested in quitting tobacco.
Cessation Services in Your Community
For information about AHEC Smoking Cessation Services available in your county, please visit the Florida AHEC Network website.
Cessation Services at USF
At the University of South Florida, Smoking Cessation Services are offered for employees, students, and the community. Contact USF AHEC Program Office to register and learn more about FREE cessation services on USF campus.
- Students: Contact Student Health Services at 813-974-2331.
Let us help you find the smoking cessation service that's right for you!