Disseminating the Community-Based Prevention Marketing Framework
Director: Carol A. Bryant, Ph.D.
This unit identifies formal professional education and training opportunities that facilitate the transfer of prevention knowledge to clinicians and other medical, nursing, public health, allied health, and other health care, health services, health planning, and health education practitioners.
FPRC's Training Matrix (PDF)
Social Marketing Training Opportunities:
- Social Marketing in Public Health Conference
- Social Marketing in Public Health Certificate Program
- January Social Marketing Field School
McCormack Brown, K., Alfonso, M.L., and Bryant, C.A. (2004). Obesity Prevention Coordinators' Social Marketing Guidebook. Tampa, FL: Florida Prevention Research Center at the University of South Florida. [Download in PDF Format]
Other Training Opportunities:
- Overview of Social Marketing Approach and Its Application (Time: 3 to 4 hour presentation)
- The Marketing Mindset and Basic Social Marketing Skills Workshop (Time: 1.5 to 4 days)
- Technical Assistance with Initial Planning and Formative Research (Time: 1.5 to 2 days depending on size of audience)
- Facilitation of Strategy Development Sessions (Time: 2-3 days)
- Social Marketing Program Evaluation (Time: 0.5 to 1.5 days)
- Ongoing Technical Assistance